The weather here is beautiful and fitting my mood and need for calm and not-snow these days, so I am pretty pleased with that right now.
What I’ve been reading
- Why a top food poisoning expert won’t eat these foods over at WashPo. I can swear to you I’m not obsessed with food safety, but I do get a big kick out of Bill Marler and his extra-specific brand of legal work, so I am always up for another article featuring him. There is a great story about the army deciding that Odwalla apple juice wasn’t fit for human consumption at the end. AUUUUGGGHHH
- I’m starting a writing-focused, self-paced tarot course in an effort to learn card meanings once and for all. Your beliefs about the tarot may be different; I see them as an option in psychological reflection.
- I spent the week bound tightly with tension and anger that I was being forced to wait to get a new cell phone, so I pretty much did no reading apart from 6-month-old articles about said phone, and I will not force you to read them here.
Have this video of cats in a library wearing glasses:
What I’ve been listening to lately
What I’ve been watching lately
- The Spoils Before Dying is available on Netflix, and it has a SURPRISE MICHAEL SHEEN ATTACK that’s basically a Bill Masters cameo (WHAAAAAT). This was actually better than The Spoils of Babylon, as weird as that sounds. Michael Kenneth Williams threw himself wholeheartedly and unreservedly into something truly bizarre, and we all benefit.
- The X-Files. The old series, I haven’t watched any of the new, but have seen all the reviews that say episode 3/Mulder’s mid-life crisis is the best one.
Adventures in Horticulture
- Two little pots of forget-me-not seedlings are coming up!
- The string of pearls succulent has taken to my office environment like water to the sea and will soon rule over it. I’m pretty sure I can actually see it growing.
- Silver hydrangea had to be moved off the floating shelf out of the reach of early morning sunlight. I’m pretty sure the leaves were getting sunburned. I do not need more diva behavior from the plants in my life.
- Got my Indian rope plant and a tiny baby Parlor palm in the mail! The Hoya rope isn’t the compact kind, more like a long single stem, but it’s healthy and we’ll see how it does.
I GOT A NEW PHONE
- I did! It’s a white Galaxy Note 5, and I’m very excited about how new and beautiful and slick it is. The screen is hyper-colorful, the camera is responsive and gorgeous, it has a STYLUS PEN INSIDE IT and you will soon be subjected to images of my orchids taken with it.